I was wondering what are the things people look for in a new tech job. I know I want a good work-life balance, but what about you...?
So I asked my lovely friends on Twitter😊
And here are the most common (or unique) answers:
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Travelling opportunities
- Growth/learning opportunities
- Impact on users
- Worthy challenges
- Interesting projects
- Recognition and encouragement!
- Contributing to a team that I enjoy being apart of
- Learning from others
- Code pairing
- Positive People who don't afraid to share knowledge
- Having a say in the decision making
- Unsolved problems --> More than just repeating familiar procedures
- Language + framework (only a few people gave me this answer!)
About culture and the company
- People with diverse mind
- Diverse team
- Supportive colleagues
- Accepting/inclusive environment
- Safe work environment
- Compatible team culture
- Fulfilling work/company
- Corporate ethics
- No micromanagement
- Behavior of the management / good manager / great leadership
- Managers that listen and act
- Working coffee machine in the office
- Great food
- Afternoon nap (?!)
- Having fun
Do you recognize any of those things? What are your expectations?
👋Hello, I'm Eleftheria, a front-end developer, master student, freelancer, public speaker, and chocolate lover.
🥰If you liked this post please share.
🍩Would you care about buying me a coffee? You can do it here: paypal.me/eleftheriabatsou but If you can't that's ok too!
🙏It would be nice to subscribe to my Youtube channel. It’s free and it helps to create more content.