I'm always on the search for good tips and tricks about coding, maximizing time, time management, and having a work-life balance. If you check my blog you'll see I have quite a few articles on these subjects but something I enjoy even more is incorporating other people's tips in my daily routine.
Hence, I asked my lovely friends on Twitter for a piece of advice. What is something we shouldn't forget?
- Drink more water.
- Remember to eat.
- Take a walk at least once a day.
- Take breaks and relax!
- Learn a few simple hip, leg, and back stretches.
- Every half hour, look away from the monitor (or try out the 20:20:20 rule! Look at something at least 20 meters away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. It helps relax your eyes.)
- Focus your eyes on things of different distances.
- Make sure you have a comfortable chair!
- Don't skip sleep.
- Find a hobby other than coding that you are really passionate about it!
- Control your social media intake.
- Keep going, every small step will make a difference up the hill.
- Take care of your body and your mind because these two pillars will help you in all situations of life.
Mind your own business but also help people around you.
Be grateful. Be resilient. Our past mistakes shaped our wisdom. Struggles made us stronger. People have contributed to our success. Consider yourself lucky... If you think for a moment, many people still don't have access to Internet or clean water. "Be like water" ― Bruce Lee.
The simple things are the most easy to forget sometimes!
What is your friendly reminder towards other people in tech?
👋Hello, I'm Eleftheria, a front-end developer, master student, freelancer, public speaker, and chocolate lover.
🥰If you liked this post please share.
🍩Would you care about buying me a coffee? You can do it here: paypal.me/eleftheriabatsou but If you can't that's ok too!
🙏It would be nice to subscribe to my Youtube channel. It’s free and it helps to create more content.